Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So you are never going to get married and other lies

Another week and more lies. This one is a bit bigger than “I’m not going to ever play video games”. This one is huge and life changing. “I’m not ever going to get married”. What can I say? I suppose I always knew, but never thought it was possible. Then I met Annie. She destroyed my old life and made me realize I am to become the man I am meant to be. Without her, I doubt very much I would even be here writing this blog (no, I still don’t enjoy them)

It seems to me, this year has been all about self-exploration and really looking at who I am and what I want my life to be.

I know I love Annie and want to be with her forever. So, I am getting married. I also love art. So, I am going to declare myself an artist.

This is what I am going to do with my life. No more radio journalist, no more radio presenter or producer. No more musicology and defiantly no more real estate. I have always been an artist, but I have never thought of myself as one. Until now, I didn’t know what I was. I was just me. I did lots of different things, but I didn’t know how everything fit together. This is what I want. This makes sense. This is my future and the future is now!

Artist statement next week

No comments: